Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hello!

About 3 years ago my husband had the opportunity to go to Belgium with his company.  It happened to be when I was having a birthday.  I told him that "I was going too."  I had 3 children at the time, and a great fear to leave them when we left the country.  Since we were going to be in Europe anyway, we decided to go to 3 countries instead of just the one.  We planned on visiting Germany and Paris, France as well.  I had never been to Europe before, so I got a few books about travelling in Europe.  I found very few that talked about travelling with children.  I had also just had a baby, he was only 2 months old when we left.  So naive me, I packed up all 3 children and we headed to Germany.  We were able to accomplish only about a 1/3 of what we had planned for.  While we were there I felt like I could write a book, one with 2 versions, on one side it would say, "Why to take your children with you to Europe," and flip it over and the other side would say, "Why you don't want to take your children with you to Europe."  The trip made me think that I could share what I learned from those trips for other people who chose to not leave their children at home.  Travelling with children is very different than being able to travel single, or just with a companion.  That first international trip with my kids cured me of my fear of leaving my children at home, to a certain extent.  I can leave older children at home, but still bring the little ones.  My husband has the opportunity to travel ever so often with his company, and we go on a trip or two a year here in the U.S.A.  I am hoping that this blog will give me a creative outlet to share my lessons that I learn, my mistakes, so others can avoid them, and the fun with any secrets or little known facts we learn along the way.  If you are reading this, hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment